Duramax CrC Wear Liner Plate is a product of Stefmet technologies in South Africa and is solely distributed through Stefmet Technologies
Full technical support will be available from both Stefmet Technologies as required.
Duramax CrC wear plate is ideal for the following applications where moderate to high impact and superior wear resistance is required:
• Dump Truck Load Bins
• Shovel faces
• Load Buckets
Stefmet Supply Technique:
• Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) Hard Facing with hardness of (HRC 58-65) depending on overlay thickness.
• Penetration typically 0.9mm – 1.7mm onto a high-grade mild steel base, resulting in a well bonded CrC overlay deposit to form the CrC overlay sheet.
• Fusion (welding) takes place under thick flux cover, eliminating oxide formation and gas pick-up.
• The process ensures an even and smooth surface using zig-zag weave beads motion with weld passes of approximately 25mm – 37mm in width.
• Surface cracking common on CrC is due to mismatch of coefficient of thermal expansion between 2 phases (base and overlay).
• CrC plate offers good strength, high hardness, and oxidation- & corrosion resistance at elevated temperatures ± 600°C.
• Cr: 27-37%; C: 3.5-5%; Mn:0.8-1.1%; Mo: 0.08-0.18%; Ni: 0.08-01.15% + additional micro filler elements (Typically Fe, etc.)
• Welding (Wear Surface / Overlay) – AWS: E FeCr-A1 Electrode
• Welding (Backing Plate / Fixing) – General Purpose Electrodes, i.e. E6013; E7018; MIG/C02
• Weldable thickness: 3mm – 40mm
• Specific Gravity (AVG) – 7,9
Typical sizes available:
Are you interested in this product and would like to find out more? Fill in the form and we will get back to you with more information as soon as possible.
Copyright © 2021 Grinding Techniques (Pty) Ltd